Home Forums Towncraft Support Forum Problem regarding Staff

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FarewellToArms 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

FarewellToArms
    Participant

I have noticed that all of the staff have their own opinions, which they should. The problem I’ve had with this though, some of the staff enforce their opinion as if it was law. This has led to many frustrating and confusing scenarios. For example just yesterday chat was cleared many different times every time this one player said “heck”. One of the staff members explained that they preferred that the player should refrain from saying it, and that was their reason for clearing chat. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen staff get on to players for saying a word that they personally do not approve of. Another example of this is when a staff member told me not to say “sucks”. This is frustrating and confusing, because I’ve met many other staff who allow these words to be spoken freely.

I respect staff and their authority, but are they allowed to make their opinion superior to everyone else’s?

“You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her. She was meant to be wooed and won by youth.”

― Winston S. Churchill, My Early Life, 1874-1904

lilahcatrose

Hello.

Heck is okay when players say it every once and a while. If they start using it to replace very inappropriate things, spam it, or use it against other players it will break the rules. I believe the staff in this situation said “I prefer” because it can covey the point all the same. They didn’t mean it as if their opinion mattered above all.
    For saying “sucks”, again if it is towards another player or is offensive it wouldn’t be allowed. Saying something like “Oh wow fighting the ender dragon sucks. its so hard” is okay.

Lilahcatrose | Admin | Staff-Management | Cat Lover

FarewellToArms
    Participant

Oh, I understand now. Thanks for explaining it to me! 🙂

“You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her. She was meant to be wooed and won by youth.”

― Winston S. Churchill, My Early Life, 1874-1904

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.