The finalists… “So… you think YOU can be an Admin?”
Thank you to everyone who submitted an idea for the “So you think you can be an Admin?” contest.
- Ripjaw proposed a Paintball server.
- Excellex proposed a vanilla server with challenges and contests where players can win prizes that can be used in survival.
- samtheman157 proposed a PvP world where your building plot sized is attached to your rank.
- Quilt_Jack1 proposed a PvP world based on arenas, mini-games, economy (shops, trading), and factions.
- Soak78 has proposed a medieval server that has the “Skyrim meets Minecraft” theme.
- Creeper_Pwn3r_ has proposed a Prison server.
- Wasp2003 has proposed a mini-games only server
- lightning1486 has proposed a mini-games/PvP/economy ranks server.
- mhp4085 has proposed a Towncraft-like server with a few more features.
- Dylan068 has proposed a Town/PvP server.
- Forceman2 has proposed a Time Traveling themed server.
- VortexDavid has proposed a Towncraft-like server with more features.
- Bubba_Hotap has proposed a “fun and games” server with a token system that players can turn in for Towncraft cash.
RipJaw: While paintball sounds fun, I don’t believe it requires an entire server to support it. Perhaps we’ll add it to Towncraft at some point.
Excellex: Server mcmmo is along the lines of what you have described. We have challenges and arenas where players earn items that they can use to further their survival game.
samtheman157: While I like the idea of having plot sizes attached to ranks, there wasn’t enough in your proposal to give me a real sense of what your server would be like.
Quilt_Jack1: While we already have a PvP world, your proposal is different enough for me to consider it. I do like the idea of a well done sanctuary for players to browse shops and build a house, as well as arenas and deathmatch games among other mini-games. I also like the idea of a “bad lands” sort of feel, where once you’re out of the watchful eye of the city, you are fair game to be killed. As a World of Warcraft PvP fan, this speaks to me. I am selecting this as a finalist and letting the players decide if there is room for 2 PvP servers. You’re a finalist.
Soak78: I like that your proposal has a theme (Medieval… Skyrim Meets Minecraft). We’ve been hungry for an Adventure server, and while yours may not be 100% adventure, if you’re willing to put the work into it you could build up a fun storyline to spice up Minecraft play. You’re a finalist.
Creeper_Pwner_: Players have asked for a Prison server for some time. If done well, it could be pretty popular. We’ll let the players decide. You’re a finalist.
Lightning, VortexDavid & MHP: For this contest I was looking for something different than what Towncraft has to offer. If there are plugins you think Towncraft should have, I’ll happily take your suggestions.
Dylan068: While we already have a PvP server, I’m intrigued on how a PvP server with a focus on town building would work. I’m making you a finalist.
Forceman2: You’ve got one of the most unique ideas out of all the proposals (Time Travel theme). It sounds like a lot of work, so if you win, I hope you put a good team behind you. You’re a finalist.
Bubba: I like the tokens idea with the mini-games. I think it would work better though if it was incorporated into Towncraft itself rather than its own server.
The Finalists up for Vote:
- Quilt_Jack1’s PvP Server
- Soak78’s Medieval Server
- Creeper_Pwn3r_’s Prison Server
- Dylan068’s PvP Server
- Forceman2’s Time Travel Theme Server
Voting will start shortly.